Course lenght: 12 weeks / Students per class: 9 max.
An intermediate level course, corresponding to level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages which aims, from a communicative perspective, to develop in an integrated and significant way, the fundamental linguistic skills (listening and reading comprehension, written and oral expression). The course has a strong focus on lexical and grammatical content whilst always seeking to respond effectively to the communicative and academic needs of the students.
The program is communicative in nature, both in its learning outcomes and the teaching methodology employed. We stress the necessity of achieving communicative competence. As a result, all of the course’s learning objectives are set in terms of the student’s ability to use the language. The course content is directly linked to the learning objectives; and the teaching methodology is based on communicative activities accompanied by the necessary reflection on the language to facilitate its assimilation and a good command of its structures.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in area where the language is spoken.
- Produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- Understand and use the principal structures of Spanish and the subjunctive effectively.
- Relevant grammar points at an Intermediate level;
- Understanding of some relevant current affairs and life in Spain and Latin America explored in the course of the language learning-tasks;
- A vocabulary around the topics and areas covered.
TEACHING AND ASSESMENT
- LIVE LESSONS: 36 hours (3 h / week)
- RECORDED LESSONS: 12 (1 h / week)
- HOMEWORK: 48 hours.
- EXAM PREPARATION: 8 hours.
- PROGRESS MONITORING: Class attendance + Coursework
Live classes will be recorded so students will be able to watch them in case they cannot attend.
After passing the course level test you will receive a certificate. This document is a proof that you completed and passed the course. Our school helps you to prepare yourself for the official International Spanish exams, like DELE and SIELE.
This course will start by the third week of May.
(Prices are displayed monthly)
- Lectures 37
- Quizzes 91
- Duration 80 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language Spanish
- Students 27
- Assessments Yes