Course lenght: 12 weeks / Students per class: 9 max.
An upper intermediate level course, corresponding to level B2.2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages which aims, from a communicative perspective, to develop in an integrated and significant way, the fundamental linguistic skills (listening and reading comprehension, written and oral expression). The course has a strong focus on lexical and grammatical content whilst always seeking to respond effectively to the communicative and academic needs of the students.
The program is communicative in nature, both in its learning outcomes and the teaching methodology employed. We stress the necessity of achieving communicative competence. As a result, all of the course’s learning objectives are set in terms of the student’s ability to use the language. The course content is directly linked to the learning objectives; and the teaching methodology is based on communicative activities accompanied by the necessary reflection on the language to facilitate its assimilation and a good command of its structures.
- be able to understand the main ideas of complex texts dealing with both concrete and abstract themes. Such texts may be theoretical in nature, but the topics will fall in the student’s area of experience and expertise.
- be able to interact with native speakers in a natural way and with a degree of fluency that makes the communication process effortless for those involved.
- be able to communicate with conviction, clarity and politeness in a register appropriate to the situation and the people involved.
- be able to produce clear and detailed texts on a variety of topics, and to defend a standpoint about general topics, indicating the pros and cons of several options.
- be able to communicate with clarity without having to adapt what they want to say.
- have a broad enough range of language structures available to give clear descriptions, express points of view and to develop arguments using complex sentences without needing to search for words.
- have a wide range of vocabulary relating to both general topics and topics within their own area of experience and expertise. Be able to avoid repetition by using a variety of language structures to express the same idea, even though a lack of vocabulary may result in hesitation and the need to communicate in a more roundabout way.
- be able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy when using vocabulary. Some errors in the choice of words will be made, but these should not hinder the communication process.
- be able to show a good command of grammatical structures, despite minor errors being made from time to time. Such errors should not be systematic and should be retrospectively corrected.
- have a clear and natural pronunciation and intonation.
- Relevant grammar points at an Intermediate level;
- Understanding of some relevant current affairs and life in Spain and Latin America explored in the course of the language learning-tasks;
- A vocabulary around the topics and areas covered.
TEACHING AND ASSESMENT
- LIVE LESSONS: 36 hours (2 h / week)
- RECORDED LESSONS: 12 (1 h / week)
- HOMEWORK: 48 hours.
- EXAM PREPARATION: 8 hours.
- PROGRESS MONITORING: Class attendance + Coursework
Live classes will be recorded so students will be able to watch them in case they cannot attend.
After passing the course level test you will receive a certificate. This document is a proof that you completed and passed the course. Our school helps you to prepare yourself for the official International Spanish exams, like DELE and SIELE.
This course will start in July
(Prices are displayed monthly)
- Lectures 38
- Quizzes 60
- Duration 80 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language Spanish
- Students 27
- Assessments Yes