EN EL GIMNASIO: VOCABULARIO Y EXPRESIONES QUE NECESITAS SABER
IN THE GYM IN SPANISH
Hello dear reader!
Do you like sports? Are you living in a Spanish-speaking country and would like to be fit in the gym but don’t know where to start?
If the answer is “Yes” this is your post. And if the answer is “No” but you’re curious to learn Spanish vocabulary on this topic, it’s also your post.
First of all, we want to help you communicate in the gym in Spanish from the beginning. Then, we will show all the vocabulary you need to understand the monitors and to ask all your questions .
Exercising in a gym is an excellent option to take care of yourself physically and mentally, practice your Spanish, have a good time, meet people … Sounds good, doesn’t it? We start!
WHAT SHOULD YOU KNOW?
1) REQUEST INFORMATION IN RECEPTION IN A GYM IN SPANISH.
A) About prices:
– How much does it cost to sign up for a month? > How much does it cost to join for a month?
– How much does it cost to sign up 3 months? And all year? > How much does it cost to join for three months? And what about the whole year?
B) About activities / classes in a gym:
– What activities are there? > What activities are there?
– What are the activities you offer / offer? > What are the activities that are offered?
– Are there pilates and yoga? > Are there pilates and yoga?
Some activities in the gym:
– Latin dance
– Functional training
C) About activities and gym schedules:
– Do you have / have a schedule of the classes that are a week? > Do you have a schedule of the gym classes per week?
– What is the gym weekdays? > What is the gym’s schedule during the work days?
– Does the gym open on the weekend? And the holidays / holidays? > Does the gym open during the week end? And on holiday?
2) APPLY TO BE A PARTNER (MEMBER) OF THE GYM IN SPANISH.
– I am interested in signing up for 1 month. > I am interested in joining for one month.
– I would like to be a member for three months. > I would like to be a member for three months.
After joining the gym, it’s your turn to start exercising . First, you must know the body parts and some basic muscles .
The verb star in Spanish in the gym is the verb DO. Look carefully:
HOW IS THE VERB USED IN THE GYM?
DO + SUBSTANTIVES (body part, muscle, activity)
– First I make arms, then I do quadriceps and then I stride and Zumba.
> First, I do arms , then I do quadriceps and finally I do some lunges and Zumba .
– We start by doing 10 push-ups , 10 squats and 10 irons .
> We start doing 10 push-ups , 10 squats, and 10 planks .
Other VERBOS of action and movement of the body are also very common . Surely the monitors use them continuously!
– V masters start stretching the body to warm up . We move the arms .
> We are going to start stretching our body to warm up . Move our arms
– Today we are going to train with some cardio routines.
> Today we are going to work out with some cardio routines.
– We incorporated to breathe better . We will inhale first and exhale later .
> We stand up in order to breathe better. Let’s inhale first and exhale .
– On the floor, lying down , we face down and raise the right leg .
> On the floor, laying down , we face down and raise our right leg.
As you can see, it is very normal for the monitors to speak in the 1st person of the plural (we) because they do the exercises and movements with the whole class group.
Now you know, don’t think about it anymore and run to the gym to sign up! And don’t forget to bring a small towel!
Finally, if you liked this post and want to expand your vocabulary, below you can find an ideal gym-centered material that will surely help you ?.
See you soon!